Hi Niklas,

if you only want to update individual submodules you can do:

cd flink-runtime // build this submodule
mvn -DskipTests clean install // will put the new flink-runtime jar into
the local Maven repository
cd ../flink-dist
mvn -DskipTests clean install // will fetch all required dependencies from
the local Maven repository without rebuilding them.

You need to have run mvn -DskipTests clean install before to have all
required dependencies in the local repository.

Cheers, Fabian