One more remark on this:

You need to be a little bit more careful. This approach works only, if
the initially changed module has no other dependent modules.

For example, flink-clients also depends on flink-runtime and thus, you
*might* need to rebuild flink-clients, too, before building flink-dist.
However, only if you did API changes in flink-runtime.

The basic message is, you need to understand the dependency tree. If you
did API changes, you need to rebuild all modules that depend on the
changed module.

-Matthias