Sure Shuyu,
What I hope is that we can reach an agreement on DDL gramma as soon as
possible. There are a few differences between your proposal and ours. Once
Lin and Jark propose our design, we can quickly discuss on the those
differences, and see how far away towards a unified design.

WRT the external catalog, I think it is an orthogonal topic, we can design
it in parallel. I believe @Xuefu, @Bowen are already working on. We
should/will definitely involve them to review the final design of DDL
implementation. I would suggest that we should give it a higher priority on
the DDL implementation, as it is a crucial component for the user
experience of SQL_CLI.

Regards,
Shaoxuan