I'm not sure if this is required.  It's quite convenient to be able to just
grab a single tarball and you've got everything you need.

I just did this for the latest binary release and it was 273MB and took
about 25 seconds to download.  Of course I know connection speeds vary
quite a bit but I don't think 273 MB seems onerous to download and I like
the simplicity of it the way it is.