Hi all,

I read through the SoD documentation again, and now I think, it would
actually make sense to split (1) up into multiple project ideas. Let me
summarize the overall process:

1. We create & publish a list of project ideas, e.g. in a blog post. (This
can be any number of ideas.)
2. Potential technical writers look at our list of ideas and sent a
proposal for a particular project to Google. During that time they can
reach out to us for clarification.
3. Google forwards all proposals for our project ideas to us and we sent
back a prioritized list of proposals, which we would like to accept.
4. Of all these proposals, Google accepts 50 proposals for SoD 2019. Per
organization Google will only accept a maximum of two proposals.

@Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy <aizha...@google.com> Please correct me!

For me this means we should splits this up in a way, that each project is
a) still relevant in September b) makes sense as a 3 month project. Based
on the ideas we have right now these could for example be:

(I) Rework/Extract/Improve the documentation of stream processing concepts
(II) Improve & extend Apache Flink's documentation for deployment,
operations (incl. configuration)
(III) Add documentation for Flink internals
(IV) Rework Table API / SQL documentation

We would then get proposals potentially for all of these topics and could
decide which of these proposals, we would sent back to Google. My feeling
is that a technical writer could easily spent three months on any of these
projects. What do others think? Any other project ideas?

Cheers,

Konstantin

--

Konstantin Knauf | Solutions Architect

+49 160 91394525

<https://www.ververica.com/>

Follow us @VervericaData

Conference

Data Artisans GmbH | Invalidenstrasse 115, 10115 Berlin, Germany

--
Data Artisans GmbH
Managing Directors: Dr. Kostas Tzoumas, Dr. Stephan Ewen