Hi,

Thanks for the proposal. Generally speaking +1 from my side to the general idea
and most of the content. I also see merit to the Chesney's proposal to start
from the current state. I think either would be fine for me.

Couple of comments:

1.

I also think that requiring +1 from another committer would slow down and put
even more strain on the current reviewing bottleneck that we are having. Even
if the change clear and simple, context switch cost is quite high, and that’s
just one less PR that the second “cross” committer could have reviewed
somewhere else in that time. Besides, current setup that we have (with no cross
+1 from another committer required) works quite well and I do not feel that’s
causing troubles. On the other hand reviewing bottleneck is.

2.

> I think a committer should know when to ask another committer for feedback or
> not.

I’m missing this stated somewhere clearly. If we are stating that a single
committers +1 is good enough for code review, with 0 hours delay (de facto the
current state), we should also write down that this is subject to the best
judgement of the committer to respect the components expertise and ongoing
development plans (also the de facto current state).

3.

Minimum length of 3 days for FLIP I think currently might be problematic/too
quick and can lead to problems if respected to the letter. Again I think it
depends highly on whether the committers with highest expertise in the affected
components managed to respond or not.

Piotrek