Hi Becket,

Big +1 on this.

> Regarding the vote of FLIP, preferably at least includes a PMC vote.
Perhaps what Jincheng means is to hold at least one PMC in the 3 binding
votes? i.e, the vote could have 2 binding committers and 1 PMC.
I think this makes sense considering a FLIP could somehow be a big feature
which may impacts Flink a lot. Meanwhile, there is no loss of flexibility
as committers also have a chance to vote and participate in it.

========Seperator========

For the nice bylaws, I agree with the general idea and most of the content.
Only share some thoughts about the "2/3 Majority". The main concern is I am
not sure if it is doable in practice. The reasons are:

1. If we follow the bylaws strictly, it means a committer or a PMC member
is active if he or she sends one email to the mailing list every 6 months.
While the minimum length of the vote is only 6 days. There are chances that
during the vote, some of the active members are still offline of the
community.
2. The code of Flink is changing fast and not everyone fully understands
every part. We don't need to force people to vote if they are not sure
about it. It may also make the final result less credible.

Given the above reasons, perhaps we can change the 2/3 Majority to lazy 2/3
Majority, just as the Hadoop bylaws[1]. It makes a higher threshold,
however, more practical.

What do you think?

[1] https://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html