Hi Godfrey,

maybe I wasn't expressing my biggest concern enough in my last mail. Even in a singleline and sync execution, I think that streaming queries should not block the execution. Otherwise it is not possible to call collect() or print() on them afterwards.

"there are too many things need to discuss for multiline":

True, I don't want to solve all of them right now. But what I know is that our newly introduced methods should fit into a multiline execution. There is no big difference of calling `executeSql(A), executeSql(B)` and processing a multiline file `A;\nB;`.

I think the example that you mentioned can simply be undefined for now. Currently, no catalog is modifying data but just metadata. This is a separate discussion.

"result of the second statement is indeterministic":

Sure this is indeterministic. But this is the implementers fault and we cannot forbid such pipelines.

How about we always execute streaming queries async? It would unblock executeSql() and multiline statements.

Having a `executeSqlAsync()` is useful for batch. However, I don't want `sync/async` be the new batch/stream flag. The execution behavior should come from the query itself.

Regards,
Timo