Hi, Timo & Dawid,

Thanks so much for the effort of `multiline statements supporting`,
I have a few questions about this method:

1. users can well control the execution logic through the proposed method
 if they know what the statements are (a statement is a DDL, a DML or
others).
but if a statement is from a file, that means users do not know what the
statements are,
the execution behavior is unclear.
As a platform user, I think this method is hard to use, unless the platform
defines
a set of rule about the statements order, such as: no select in the middle,
dml must be at tail of sql file (which may be the most case in product
env).
Otherwise the platform must parse the sql first, then know what the
statements are.
If do like that, the platform can handle all cases through `executeSql` and
`StatementSet`.

2. SQL client can't also use `executeMultilineSql` to supports multiline
statements,
 because there are some special commands introduced in SQL client,
such as `quit`, `source`, `load jar` (not exist now, but maybe we need this
command
 to support dynamic table source and udf).
Does TableEnvironment also supports those commands?

3. btw, we must have this feature in release-1.11? I find there are few
user cases
 in the feedback document which behavior is unclear now.

regarding to "change the return value from `Iterable<Row` to
`Iterator<Row`",
I couldn't agree more with this change. Just as Dawid mentioned
"The contract of the Iterable#iterator is that it returns a new iterator
each time,
 which effectively means we can iterate the results multiple times.",
we does not provide iterate the results multiple times.
If we want do that, the client must buffer all results. but it's impossible
for streaming job.

Best,
Godfrey

Dawid Wysakowicz <dwysakow...@apache.org> 于2020年4月1日周三 上午3:14写道: