Hi guys,

I'm curious why we use our current logging facade over Log4J2. It has a lot
of tuning and garbage collecting when used as the backend but also can be
used as a facade like SLF4J, logback etc.

I've always been sorta baffled why Apache projects don't use Log4J2 it's
really old. Convenience at that time?

This would be a lot of work but I do have friends there  like Gary Gregory
if we could consider refactoring to use it. To say again Log4J2 can facade
to all the popular impls like SLF4J does.

This is something id love to hear opinions on! Thanks guys!!