You're looking in the wrong place. The address is:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fluo (that's dist/dev/,
not dist/release/)
Also, that staging location is optional. I only put them there as a matter
of convenience for those preferring to download from there rather than
examine them in Nexus, and to make it easy to "release" with a simple "svn
mv" later.

The names for the tarballs were discussed in a previous thread on the
incubator list. The names are derived from the artifactId names in their
Maven coordinates. Modifying the tarballs to diverge from these doesn't
make sense, because they won't match the actual artifacts in Maven Central,
and that can cause a lot of confusion when users try to find the correct
artifact for dependency resolution. Further, adding "apache-" as a prefix
is redundant in the Maven coordinates because the groupId is
org.apache.fluo. The "apache-" prefix is not required, and is not done by
many Apache projects. Additionally, the build-resources artifact is
actually just "build-resources" it does not have "fluo" in the name,
because while the fluo parent POM uses it, and it is produced by the fluo
team, it does not actually have anything to do with "fluo" software. It
could be used by any project wishing to depend on the checkstyle/formatter
rules it contains.

So, yes, we could rename the artifactId so that "apache-" and
"apache-fluo-" prefix these artifacts... but I think it's not necessary,
adds redundancy to the maven coordinates, and doesn't actually seem to
achieve any useful goal. As far as I can tell, the only thing I can tell
that it actually accomplishes is make the file names ridiculously long.

Also, if we don't do that this time, but rename the artifacts later, then
we have the situation where you can't just update the version number to
update to the next version... users actually have to start changing which
artifact they are dependent on.