Just let me add my small bit.
I read the discussion and think it goes into
the right direction and that you'll come up
with sth great in the end ...

But I can't see how it fits the needs of the hack
in the Excel plugin, which is a rather special case:
We have color tables to define all the colors that
might be used in a GUI. To make the table with a lot
of hex-triplets and RGB values more useful and
appealing I set the background-color for each cell
that contains a color value in the corresponding color.
There's an example in the plugin's docs.

With what is proposed now would I have to define a
lot of classes like class="color_ff00ff" and define
these classes in the file-specific config?
It would look like Excel saving XML:
  <Style ss:ID="s23">
   <Font ss:FontName="Courier New" x:Family="Modern"/>
   <Interior/>
  </Style>
...
    <Cell ss:StyleID="s23">
      <Data ss:Type="Number">12</Data>
    </Cell>

Or would I need to extend the DTD to validate this
single file and provide an XSL fragment (like extra-XSL)
to translate it?

Just my part of RT ;-)
Johannes



Ross Gardler wrote:
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 12:00 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:


<snip/>

I am doing this with forrest:views. I think that is the way for a
on-page basis.


<snip/>

fbits
-----

How does this contribute to/intefere with work on fbits?



fbits are based on forrest:views. Anyway the RT gave me some good ideas
for the fbits.

alternatives
------------



forrest:views


OK, I suspected this would be the case. Care to expand? I'm particularly interested in where the config files are placed and how Forrest manipulates them.


Also how does forrest:views + fbits address the meta-data issues raised in response to Nicola's RT?

Unfortunately, I don't "get" what you are doing with fbits yet. I understand the what you are trying to achieve and I like the sound of it, but I have to admit to being lost as to the "how". So I seem to have come up with my own "how".

I've been waiting for fbits to develop a little so that I could understand from the code, but I am getting closer to actually needing a solution for this (a few months of yet, but I like to plan in advance). Either you make me understand the "how" of fbits and I contribute to that or I'll have to get on with implementing something along the lines of this RT (and Nicola's). (this sounds a little like a threat, of course it isn't it's an attempt to avoid duplication of work. As I said I won't actually be implementing this for a month or two anyway so we have plenty of time to work out which way to go).

Ross




--
User Interface Design GmbH * Teinacher Str. 38 * D-71634 Ludwigsburg
Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Gesch�ftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-G�tz-Weg 11 * D-81825 M�nchen
www.uidesign.de


Buch "User Interface Tuning" von Joachim Machate & Michael Burmester
www.user-interface-tuning.de


Besuchen Sie uns auf der Hannover Messe 11.-15. April 2005
Halle 2, Stand C14 auf dem MMI Gemeinschaftsstand
www.uidesign.de/hmi2005

N�chstes TAE-Seminar zu User Interface Design
Ostfildern-Nellingen, 07.-08. April 2005
www.tae.de TAE-Veranstaltung Nr. 31189

Reply via email to