On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 23:23 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
OK, I suspected this would be the case. Care to expand? I'm particularly interested in where the config files are placed and how Forrest manipulates them.
I will answer on Johannes reply with an example.
Cool I just did the same so we can compare the methods.
Also how does forrest:views + fbits address the meta-data issues raised in response to Nicola's RT?
Sorry, I have not look close enough to Nicola's RT yet to answer that.
OK, it is quite possible that your solution does not address this since as understand it you are only dealing with presentation data. If not then the solution might be forrest:views for presentation config and Nicola/my RT for meta-data.
Unfortunately, I don't "get" what you are doing with fbits yet. I understand the what you are trying to achieve and I like the sound of it, but I have to admit to being lost as to the "how". So I seem to have come up with my own "how".
Hmmm, there are some threads I wrote about it, but I will try again. ;-)
Yeah, I read them all (a number of times actually). The theory looks great but I am still struggling with the practice. Thanks for taking the time to hammer it in ;-)
Ok, I will try to find time in the next couple of weeks for doing it. Sorry ATM I am really busy (professional and private) but I was up to finish it pretty soon. I hope if I can explain it to you we can finish it together.
No problem, like I said there is not a huge rush for this, I'm just keen to get a solution together since we now have two plugins creating documents that are not valid - this can only cause problems if we don't short it out soon. As I said, I don't want to do this and then find you implement a better solution when your time allows.
...BTW do not thread me. LOL.
I'll try to remember that, after all I'm a pacifist and I hope that we meet one day ;-)
No actually you have been very patient with the fbits. If you need it in the next two month that is a good motivation for me to finish it. :)
If I need it it's even better motivation for me to implement it once I know I am doing it the way you envision - since you have done some extensive experimentation on this elsewhere I'd hate to ignore your experience.
Ross
