Saturday, May 19, 2018, 1:42:57 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Inline...
>
> Le 19/05/2018 à 12:02, Daniel Dekany a écrit :
>> Saturday, May 19, 2018, 11:08:36 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, the cron job (cert-renew.sh) should be run daily/nightly by root,
>>> content:
>>>
>>> cerbot renew
>>> openssl pkcs12 -export -out /etc/letsencrypt/live/certificate.p12
>>> -inkey /etc/letsencrypt/live/try.freemarker.apache.org/privkey.pem -in
>>> /etc/letsencrypt/live/try.freemarker.apache.org/cert.pem -certfile
>>> /etc/letsencrypt/live/try.freemarker.apache.org/chain.pem -pass
>>> pass:"theKnownPassword" (not copied here)
>> Though you have posted that password to this mailing list anyway... ;)
> Yes indeed, just once, but you'r right I should have used private :/
> Anyway we should change it and keep the new one in a specific file
> at https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/pmc/freemarker
>
>>> I think it should not change the rights to read in
>>> /etc/letsencrypt/live (now with fmonlinetester in group)
>> It would be surprising if it changes it.
> Yep, just got surprisingly bitten once, so...
>

>>> but we should try it manually once and check.
>>>
>>> If it does change then we will need to re-add fmonlinetester
>>> in the group at end of cert-renew.sh. I crossed this read issue before as
>>> jleroux
>>> user, initially the dir was readeable w/o sudo and then not. Not
>>> sure if it's certbot or openssl which did that in my case.
>>>
>>> Also I don't think we need to care about change in
>>> /etc/letsencrypt/live/try.freemarker.apache.org/ If they are no
>>> change certificate.p12 will be the
>>> same, no worries.
>> Of course. It will need to issue that SSL cert reloading curl command
>> though.
> Ah indeed
>
> localhost:8081/tasks/reload-ssl
>

>>> I think we should not show the "theKnownPassword" in the wiki page...
>> Yeah, I guess it's better star it out on cwiki. (Though to get the p12
>> or private key one has to pawn the server anyway... and then he finds
>> the password too.)
> I think https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/pmc/freemarker better fits for
> all private things
> For instance the cron job copy and all the rest. And simply refer to private
> things from the wiki

For try.freemarker these security things doesn't mater much, but in
general, such a repo is not a good place to store security related
sensitive files. People just check it out, and it will be on the
HDD/SDD unencrypted for ever... then the notebook gets stolen or such.

>> Are there any Let's Encrypt related credentials we should be aware of
>> (in case you become unavailable)?
> Nope, I used only the temporary secret password everywhere and IIRW
> it was only when creating the cert from .pem files.
>
>> I think "Enter email address (used for urgent renewal and security
>> notices)" should be priv...@freemarker.apache.org.
> I agree! I used mine so far. To be changed like the cert password
> Will you handle the job creation and the doc?

OK, I will then.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany