I saw the Jira issue for migrating to Gradle was closed, but to be
clear it's far from done. Like, a major TODO is building the release
artifacts; the root project should do that (or should that be yet
another sub-project instead?).

The second most important deficiency is producing all the 3 Maven
artifacts for each published module (the usual artifact plus src and
javadoc). Currently we only produce one artifact per module, and it's
not even signed.

BTW, I have factored out Manual generation into freemarker-manual
(non-published module). There's also a TODO there as its build doesn't
produce anything yet.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany