Thursday, May 18, 2017, 10:01:23 PM, Michael Brohl wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I think these non-Jiraed issues should be created in Jira. Maybe they
> can attract contributors?

Currently http://freemarker.org/contribute.html is were tasks for
contributors are listed. But those are FM2 issues. Current FM3 issues
are mostly too involved for casual contributors, as it's mostly FM2
cleanup and refactoring... hence no issues. But the goal is to get to
a point where more "accessible" issues can be produced. (A more
accessible code base is one of the main goals of FM3 after all.)

Speaking of which, soon there will be one. Anyone is interested in FM3
Spring integration? The goal is that FM3's builder-based configuration
can be used seamlessly for creating the Spring beans. So certainly a
freemarker-spring module need to be added, which extends some classes
to implement FactoryBean interface and such. Also some configuration
defaults, like the TemplateLoader need to be different for sure, and
we need a TemplateLoader that uses Spring's Resource API. (I will
create an issue for it after I have polished the configuration API a
bit more.)

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany