+1

On 28/04/2016 7:16 am, Dan Smith wrote:
This is done. The HDFS related changes are gone from develop and are now on
their own feature branch - feature/GEODE-10.

-Dan

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 2:05 AM, <manuel.bi...@daimler.com> wrote:

+1
a possible HDFS integration should also be an optional jar plugin package
in the distribution as Fred started the discussion to split jars anyway.

Best Regards
Manuel Birke

Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
Address: 309 N Pastoria Ave | Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Mobile: +1 408-203-6026
Phone: +1 408-991-6502
________________________________
From: Anilkumar Gingade<mailto:aging...@pivotal.io>
Sent: ‎3/‎19/‎2016 0:05
To: dev@geode.incubator.apache.org<mailto:dev@geode.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] What to do with the partial HDFS related code on
develop?

+1
Good idea...It will allow us to re-visit the HDFS implementation and right
way to provide this support...

-Anil.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Dan Smith <dsm...@pivotal.io> wrote:

When geode was donated to apache, there was a partially completed
integration with HDFS built in. See GEODE-10.

Since that initial donation, we have removed the APIs related to creating
HDFS regions because they were not yet stable. See GEODE-429.

The problem is that we still have HDFS related code sprinkled throughout
geode-core. This causes us to pull in a bunch of compile dependencies on
hbase and hadoop.

I already created an issue, GEODE-1072, to move the HDFS code it it's own
subproject, but that will take a lot of work.

In the mean time, I propose we go ahead and create a separate branch for
the HDFS related changes and remove the HDFS related code from develop.
The
work to refactor the HDFS integration to be a subproject can take place
on
that branch and geode-core on develop will be cleaner in the mean time.

What do you folks think?

-Dan

If you are not the addressee, please inform us immediately that you have
received this e-mail by mistake, and delete it. We thank you for your
support.