On 15/07/2004 3:10 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

On Jul 14, 2004, at 4:47 AM, Gianny Damour wrote:

Sorry; indeed, this is perhaps not the right approach. However, I was pretty confident that this new behavior was more correct:
As far as I understand, the JMX GBeanInvokers are used only when the "framework" mounts a reference, which does not have an attribute named GBeanMBean.RAW_INVOKER. Most of the time, this means that the reference is an "home-made" MBean (an MBean, which is not a GBeanMBean). So, I thought that we could safely say that programmers have applied the JMX standards. In other words, if the attribute is named "serverVersion", then the getter must be "getserverVersion".

When you want to interact with a GBean over a remote MBean server (JSR 160), you will use the JMXGBeanInvokers. Also, this is an attempt to make our interactions through JMX easier.

Thanks for that; it was a missing block in my reasoning.

I definitely think the two should work exactly the same and the programmer should not know which one is being used (other then the JMX one is way slower). My biggest reason to have these work the same is the person using the GBeanInvoker is caller, and the caller would have to know how the target GBean was implemented in order to get the calling code correct.

You are right.

So, to sum it up, in a first pass one applies the JMX standards; and in case of failure, a case insensitive match of method and attribute names is performed.

Thanks,
Gianny