On Oct 19, 2005, at 9:49 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Genender [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: mercredi 19 octobre 2005 16:53
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Daytrader] Converting to Maven 2

They can live concurrently, since they are differnt files (pom.xml vs
project.xml/maven.xml).  This should have no impact as long as the
directpry structures remain the same.

Currently, the daytrader build doesn't do much. It just builds an EAR. I'd
like to convert to build to do more:

- automated functional testing
Do you have some way to do this outside a j2ee server? If not, what does this mean?
- automated deployment to Geronimo or other container(s) (using Cargo)
Does cargo support jsr-88 yet?
- ability to build for different target environments
What does this mean? IIUC the ear is supposed to be portable, and the deployment plan is not included in the ear.
- distribution of a packaged zip containing not only the EAR but also the container's configuration. This is to version control the container's config
files and make the app "executable" and separated from the container's
install.
I'm not sure what you mean. We have a couple of possibly relevant capabilities of which I will mention the maven 1 plugin to install a geronimo instance and do stuff like start/stop it, deploy/undeploy apps, etc.

- automate the database setup
This would be great.  I think we need a generic solution for this
- possibly convert some of the daytrader app to use xdoclet to demonstrate
how it works with Maven2

After thinking this through, I think I'm going to work in my own repo. This is the easiest and fastest solution for me. Once I have finished, I can then offer this full m2 build to the Geronimo project and you can decide to do whatever you want with it. I won't be touching much of the daytrader source
files so it shouldn't be that hard to incorporate afterwards.

I think this is great, and would like to know more about what you are up to. Please keep us informed!

thanks