Ok here is what I have right now for POP3.

I have gone through the RFC 1939 in detail and here is the summary. I
have also gone through the JavaMail API spec. Started a bit if coding.

I can come with a basic POP3 implementation that connects, authenticates
and list/retrieve/delete messages by Tuesday the earliest.

Next on my list is message processing according to RFC 822.

After that I will look into authentication.

Is this timeline OK????

POP3 protocol stack
=====================
I will start ASAP on the connection management and the mandatory POP3
commands.
           USER name               valid in the AUTHORIZATION state
         PASS string
         QUIT

         STAT                    valid in the TRANSACTION state
         LIST [msg]
         RETR msg
         DELE msg
         NOOP
         RSET
         QUIT

Authentication
===============
For now I will only work on USER/PASS, but some servers do not support
plain text authentication.

However I need to find out more details about the AUTH(RFC 1734) command
which use encryption. Same thing is used for IMAP. (didn't have time to
investigate).

Message Format (RFC 822)
A whole new beast to be conquered. Again I didn't have time to go
through in detail. Will give an update by Monday evening if possible.

Guys, is this too much time??? What is the deadline??? do we need this
before ApacheCon ??

Regards,
Rajith.