Hi Manu,

Thanks for your debugging! This was a bug in IdentityDefinerBuilder, which was wrongly trying to identify a compound PK based on the number of primary key fields.

This is now fixed.

I will create a JIRA to track this issue tomorrow as it seems that JIRA is down tonight.

Thanks,
Gianny

Manu George wrote:

Hi Gianny,

I have done all that you mentioned. I am still getting the error.I have replicated the issue in a simple EJB,the example CMP in Ed Roman's book Mastering EJB. I am attaching the stack trace and the plans below

17:02:05,211 WARN  [SystemExceptionInterceptor] Product
<>

<snip>

While i was debugging I saw a method
public IdentityTransform getPrimaryKeyTransform(Entity entity) in the class IdentityDefinerBuilder. Here based on size of pkFields the SimplePKTransform or CompoundPKTransform class is selected. In the case of a custom class with 1 field also the SimplePKTransform is selected. Is this how it should behave? Could you give a general idea of how the primary key values are taken from the Custom classes in OpenEJB?

Thanks
Manu