The migration of applications to M2 has been kinda held up by the
following 2 maven jiras

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJSPC-2 (to fix jspc plugin)
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-45 (to fix jar'ing classes to web-inf/lib).

I have submitted a patch for the latter (maven-war-plugin, mwar-45).

Soon, I shall submit a patch for the application migration without
these 2 features (jsp precompile and jar classes). We can do good w/o
these for now. Once the maven jiras are ready, we shall patch the
application pom(s) again.

Cheers
Prasad