Hi Prasad,

First we needed the geronimo-deployment-plugin to be in m2. So in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1738, I got the
deployment-plugin migarted to m2. The RTC for this is pending 2 more
votes. Now, if you and Jason can review and approve it, we can get it
in the build.

I applied the patch but it appears that there is a problem with it, AppTest.java has 3 copies of the code in it for example (as well as pom.xml and many if not all the other files).

 Here is the url to what I downloaded and I'm looking at;
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12324416/geronimo- deployment-plugin.patch

which is the first patch from JIRA #1738 referenced above.

Next, I came up with a simple m2 multi-build project for itests.
Jacek put it in the sandbox for us.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1654.

(I think I also opened some JIRAs in OpenEJB project with itest
patches. Let me search for those).

Sounds good, looking forward to reviewing the jira's.

I used to take an m1 binary distribution and manually put it into an
m2 local repo for this work. Now that we are working on m2, hopefully
we shall soon have the binary distributions for us to work with
directly.

An m1 distribution of G or something else?

We could then to try to bring itests out of the sandbox and merge it with trunk.

The vision I have for itests is to make it the all encompassing system
integration test for Geronimo. We have unit tests in the individual
modules. Even that covers only a third of our code approx. Then we
have the J2EE CTK tests that ensures G's J2EE compliance.  But
geronimo being a sum of many individual parts, there must be a whole
range of tests that are applicable to the whole system when put
together but fall beyond the purview of CTK. These are what I hope
itests will catch.

Agreed that having more tests would be a very 'good thing'

I began playing with itests but quickly moved on the m2 migration work
since that was so much necessary both for G and for itests. It would
be nice to get the itests running and into the project soon.

agreed

TTFN,

-bd-

Cheers