I have been running server using java -jar bin\server.jar on both
1.4 and 1.5. The server was built using 1.5:
Repository Root: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
Revision: 474405
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: vamsic007
Last Changed Rev: 474401
Last Changed Date: 2006-11-13 12:21:08 -0500 (Mon, 13 Nov 2006)
Properties Last Updated: 2006-11-06 18:23:11 -0500 (Mon, 06 Nov 2006)

OS - Win XP

java version "1.5.0_08"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_08-b03)
  The console works fine. I hope this info is useful..

Thanks
Anita

--- Rick McGuire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just started taking a look at this.  The Xerces level we're using
> requires an upgrade to the XML apis we're using.  In order for this
> work, the XML apis jar must be in endorsed.dirs to override the JVM
> native one.  On Sun 1.4.2, this works ok because the newer version of
>
> the XML apis is able to locate the xalan transformer implementation
> because it's native to the JVM.  On Sun 1.5, they've repackaged the
> class, but the version of the apis we're using doesn't know about the
>
> name change, so things fail.
>
> It seems like the best solution for Geronimo is to include Xalan, but
>
> this appears it will require upleveling Xerces and the apis as well.
>
> We've already got a Jira open on that issue too.
>
> Rick
>

> Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> > On 11/17/06, Rakesh Midha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Only thiing I am worried about is the Classloader, I think there
> will be
> >> change in classloader loading xerces classes,  if it is done via
> >> \lib\endorsed. I don't see it as a problem as the classloader is
> >> hierarchical and to us it won't make any difference. Right?
> >
> > If I'm correct in my understanding of how classloaders work in JVM,
> > endorsed directory is loaded by the system class loader or its
> direct
> > child. Geronimo builds its classloader infra on top of them so
> there
> > should not be an issue with us having Xalan in endorsed dir
> similarly
> > to the Yoko jars.
> >
> > Jacek

Sponsored Link