On Nov 1, 2007, at 10:00 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

I think it's time to start discussing the particulars of a 2.1 release.

There's been a lot of advancements made in our plugin infrastructure. There's also been the pluggable console enhancements. It would be good to get a release out, with these capabilities. They provide a more solid platform for future enhancements, I think.

There's also GShell and new monitoring capabilities. I'm probably missing a few other new functions.

Finally, IIUC, 2.1 would be able to support a Terracotta plugin. I'd also be very interested to hear what WADI capabilities that could be exposed.

I'm willing to bang the release manager drum. I see that Joe has already started tugging on the TCK chain

What do others think? How close are we to a 2.1 release? What additional capabilities and bug fixes are needed? Can we wrap up development activities in the next week or two?

Let's try to wrap things up :-)

I have a few tweaks to the car-maven-plugin and plugin installer that I think are nearly done (GERONIMO-3579). After that I'm planning to clean up the plans and remove non-generated geronimo-plugin.xml files and then convert LocalAttributeManager to use jaxb (GERONIMO-3580). This should be pretty quick.

I think we need to make sure we're all happy with the versioning and groupIds of the plugins following Prasad's build rearrangement. I'm not sure how long we should allow for this. I hope in another week we'll at least have a good idea if any more changes are needed.

We need to make sure all the security review changes get into trunk.

I don't really know the status of gshell. We might want to add a bit more command functionality such as easily running the server with remote debugging. I haven't had a chance to look into how to do stuff like this.

thanks