--- Jeff Genender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
> >      I see Monitoring Console as a tool, a standard J2EE
> Application,
> > that has been packaged for a convenient installation in Geronimo.
> It
> > talks to a geronimo specific agent to discover and monitor a
> geronimo
> > instance running elsewhere. I do not see it as an integral part of
> G,
> > and hence prefer /plugins. Its location in svn does not affect the
> > convenience of using it. It will always be installed from 'plugins'
> > portlet and will be visible as an available plugin.
>
> IMHO, it should definitely be a plugin (as should everything we
> ship),
> but I think it should be a plugin that is installed by default.

    I hear y'all :) If the plugin has to be installed by default,
server/trunk/plugin is the best place for it. I will be moving it
to server/trunk/plugin/monitoring/mconsole and
server/trunk/plugin/monitoring/agent
    Viet has been working on fixing problems discussed elsewhere in
this thread. It will be wired into the main build when it is fairly
stable.

Thanks
Anita

 As
> pointed out in another email, monitoring is typically shipped and
> active
> in some form for most other application servers.  If most of the
> users
> find it helpful to have automatically enabled, then its probably good
> that we do so.  I would probably suggest as we get closer to a
> release
> date that we get more input from users on this subject so we can make
> proper and informed decision.
>
> Jeff

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.