--- Matt Hogstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
>
> >> 2. If yes, then where should we move it to? Should it be in
> server/
> >> trunk/plugins or should the monitoring plugin be a subproject.
> >
> >    I was thinking of plugins..
>
> I'm not sure it really matters where the code goes in the interim.
> Plugins makes sense but I would move it to trunk first.  Trunk is
> certainly viable and would likely get more people to look at the
> code,
> report issues, and most likely ooh and awe about cool looking graphs
>
> and statistics.
>
> If it turns out that the monitoring bloats the server in an
> unacceptable way, has incorrect statistics or consumes too many
> resources then I would think that moving it to plugins would be a
> reasonable approach.
     I see Monitoring Console as a tool, a standard J2EE Application,
that has been packaged for a convenient installation in Geronimo. It
talks to a geronimo specific agent to discover and monitor a geronimo
instance running elsewhere. I do not see it as an integral part of G,
and hence prefer /plugins. Its location in svn does not affect the
convenience of using it. It will always be installed from 'plugins'
portlet and will be visible as an available plugin.
    But that is just my opinion..

Thanks
Anita

Looking for last minute shopping deals?