--- Kevan Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2007, at 7:38 AM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
>

> > --- Viet Nguyen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >    Perhaps I am not making it clear. The graph that is shown as
> > requestTime for tomcatWebConnector is incorrect. The value returned
> by
> > tomcat is count not time. We need to have different methods to
> > generate
> > graphs for TimeStatistics, RangeStatistics, and
> > BoundedRangeStatistics.
>
> OK. That's good information.

   But a very important one for a user who takes the trouble to install
the plugins and reads the document about monitoring and statistics.

But, IMO, that doesn't necessarily mean

> we shouldn't move the monitoring plugin out of sandbox. It might mean
>
> that we aren't ready to *release* the monitoring plugin. I don't
> think
> we're having a *release* discussion -- at least we shouldn't be.

    If the plugin is moved to trunk, as the title of the discussion
says, does it not get automatically released?

We
> can have the discussion that we don't want to hold up a Geronimo 2.1
>
> release waiting for monitoring plugin problems to be resolved, but
> I'd
> prefer we discuss without a particular timeline in mind...
>
> IMO, we have the following questions to answer:
>
> 1. Are we ready to move monitoring plugin out of sandbox?

yes

> 2. If yes, then where should we move it to? Should it be in server/
> trunk/plugins or should the monitoring plugin be a subproject.

    I was thinking of plugins..

> 3. What bug fixes/new features need to be added to the monitoring
> plugin before it's ready to be released?

   We should do the minimum and make sure all the information that is
displayed is correct, i.e. there is no discrepancy between the raw
value (displayed on the console) and the graph. We can address the fact
the values themselves are skewed later.

Thanks
Anita

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs