On Jan 10, 2008, at 11:33 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

On Jan 11, 2008 7:12 AM, David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
After the reorganization into plugins most everything still has its
old pom parent, either o.a.g.modules/modules or o.a.g.plugins/
plugins.  This seems to me like a bad idea.

Could you elaborate on why this is a bad idea?

I guess we'd have to ask a maven expert for a real answer, I just have a feeling it will lead to trouble, but...

currently a typical pom has

    <parent>
        <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
        <artifactId>configs</artifactId>
        <version>2.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
    </parent>

    <artifactId>j2ee-server</artifactId>

The <relativePath> is just wrong. If we were to make it accurate it would be

    <parent>
        <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
        <artifactId>configs</artifactId>
        <version>2.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <relativePath>../../framework/configs/pom.xml</relativePath>
    </parent>

    <artifactId>j2ee-server</artifactId>

I think this kind of cross-linking of projects will just lead to confusion and grief.

thanks
david jencks

Jacek

--