My thinking on this was to leave it as is for 2.1. We fix this right
for 2.2, when we split the trunk into different svn trees.

Moving the c-m-p configuration settings from configs parent pom to the
root pom is not a problem. It is the boatload of property settings
that will cause Jason good grief :-)

Cheers
Prasad