On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Donald Woods <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think J2G should stay listed as a "Tool".  Anything that requires a
> developer tool like Eclipse in-order to use it, should be called a tool.

I half agree with what you're saying.  Part of me does want J2G to be in the
tools section, because it does belong there.  I also think it belongs in our
migration section, though, and I don't think it's a good idea to put it in
both.  In my mind, people that are looking for a way to migrate to geronimo
are much more likely to look in a section labeled migration rather than the
tool section.  I'm afraid users will miss it if it's left in the tools
section.  I suppose I could put it back in the tools section and then we
could add a link to it from the migration section. I kind of wish I had
thought of that earlier as it's a pretty simple solution.  I'm going to wait
for a response until doing that, though.

> I always view a "Migration" section in a product's docs as how to
> migrate from prior releases, whereas migrating from other vendors
> products is complicated enough to deserve its own set of docs, samples
> and tutorials.

I'm not sure what you're saying here.  I think the migration section is
fairly explicit in that it is for migrating an app to Apache Geronimo.  Were
you looking to separate it into a whole new document that isn't included in
the documentation?

--
~Jason Warner