These solutions certainly work but don't address the fundamental problem of adding MBE's dynamically to some builders and not others. For instance we can just modify the tomcat6-deployer plan right now to include the tuscany MBE and guess that eventually we'll have a jetspeed MBE and try to think of some more. But when someone comes up with a new one we didn't imagine -- jspwiki MBE or something -- they'll have to update the list again. I would like to solve the problem once and for all so that no specific configuration for particular MBE's is needed.

Making the reference go the other way -- giving the MBE a reference to the web deployer -- won't work well for the same reason, we don't know how many web deployers there will be next week, even if we only have two this week.

thanks
david jencks