On March 8, 2017 at 10:44:45 AM, Mark Struberg (strub...@yahoo.de) wrote:
Alan, I understand that you don't want to put much more energy into this
project. That is totally understandable and fine.
But while you are PMC chair you still cannot declare that the project is dead
as long as there are enough PMC members still active to keep the project going.

Mark, I agree with Alan and Kevan, though put into my own words I think the
project and community is no longer viable (and has not been for a while).  I do
believe there are still useful aspects to the project, but I don’t think its
enough to leave on its own.

We can certainly wait for more PMC members to chime in if they are still
monitoring.  As Jeff recommended I’m including the private@ list for PMC folks
that may not be paying as much attention to the dev@ list.

Before we dump the project I suggest we start with an analysis of where we are
right now.

What about starting look into
.) Who is still active and willing to continue Geronimo as a ee-commons
project?
So far I’ve not really seen anyone over the past days of communication about
this.  But we’ll see.

—jason

.) Which project parts of the project are of some shared interest and might be
good to get some maintenance love and some realistic chance that this is gonna
happening?
I can’t speak for the others, but I have zero interested in putting any love in
to any of what is presently here.

I will defer to others to explain if they feel otherwise, though I do recall
some chatter on private@ but will probably need those folks to re-post to dev@
to include that discussion.

—jason