So we basically have to options (if I understand the discussion
correctly):

(A) Put some effort / resources into upgrade our MP impls to the latest
versions to fully support Jakarta namespace. From my understanding
maintaining these impls is a bit PITA as MP tends to break its API
every few months, right? It will take some time, effort and resources
to catch up.

(B) Use existing MP impls to make "fast" progress on the TomEE 9.x
side, which breaks the "we use apache impls"-credo but enables a faster
move forward. I see the danger here that we - due to lack of time /
resources - will not find the way back to our own Apache
implementations and will stick with smallrye for a long (?) time
perhaps.

People are eager to use EE9 / Jakarta namespace and TomEE isn't really
ready for it, yet. With the latest M7 version, users cannot start new
projects as testing possibilities are super limited.

Btw.: I am unsure, if we are still using Hibernate Validation in the
current TomEE 9-M8 Snapshot. But if we do, we already broke the
"everything from apache"-credo for the sake of getting the
certifaction.

As I am too new to the whole context / strategy thing, I read this
discussion with great interest but do not have a strong opinion
regarding (A) or (B).

Gruß
Richard