(Back with a sore throat.)

Also for what it is worth - it may well be that the attempt to bolt
containers-as-executors to YARN is too little too late and coordination of
container based services and applications (such as distributed map-reduce
workflows or more likely Spark) will be handled by the native management
tooling we are all using to build container based infrastructure. It's unclear
to me how long HBase will live into this new regime but I'd optimistically
wager long enough so even having YARN around is a suspect assumption.