>> and
>> backups too, but don't want to bother having to install and configure
YARN
>> just for that, as well as removing resources from HBase to give it to

Any suggestions on how to do bulk data move with transformation from/to
HBase cluster w/o MapReduce?

Opposition to M/R does not make sense imo, as since we have a lot of tools
in HBase which depend on MapReduce:

CountRows
CountCells
Import
Export
ImportTsv
ExportTsv
CopyTable
VerifyReplication
ExportSnapshot

and new backup create/restore of course.

-Vlad