For what it's worth, I think AMv2 is the main reason to have a 2.0 in the first
place, so I would both agree it needs a lot more testing and yet I would want
us to have a 2.0 release as the vehicle for getting that to happen. For other
features without testing from a number of parties or at scale the value
proposition is less clear and it's fine by me for the RM to set them aside for
future releases.

Also, I can relay that there is some interest where I work in utilizing
HBASE-7912 but the impression we have is it is unfinished and untested. So for
now we are ignoring it and continuing with home grown solutions. Part of the
problem is fault tolerance was left to the last phase(s) and yet it is an
essential property for adoption for serious work. The best way to resolve this
IMHO is for the developers of this feature to complete those unfinished JIRAs,
especially concerning resilience to failures.