To your question, I think it is misplaced (at least to me). Go back and read
what I wrote you just today.

As for the backup feature, once the work for HBASE-15227 is committed and it is
resolved, I think we'd be interested in trying it out, and until then I am not
personally interested in its  inclusion in a release, but that is just me.