bq. Anything in test/ can't be public API by definition. Move it into src/
if that is desired.

If that has always been our stance, we should probably clarify it in our
documentation. Or maybe it's already there and i missed it.
Didn't find anything searching for 'test' in
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.versioning.

I see IA.Public annotations on follow classes under **/test/ path:
HBCommonTU, HBTU, MiniHBaseCluster, CodecPerformance, and
HBaseZKTestingUtility

At least MiniHBaseCluster seems like it might be useful to downstream
projects. Others may have nuggets which might make sense in public api.
Not sure what's best though - moving the classes + declaration that test/
code is private, or letting annotations do they work as they do work src/
code.

-- Appy

--

-- Appy