I believe we reached consensus to migrate our remaining repositories to
GitBox before the mandatory migration which will happen on 7th of February.
Apart from 'hbase' we still have 'hbase-site' and 'hbase-thirdparty'
repositories that also require the same migration process.

>From users' point of view they could still use git://
git.apache.org/hbase.git for read only access, only committers need to
change the remote URL to the GitBox one. Jenkins jobs are already using the
GitHub URL for cloning the repository and I created a patch for the
documentation and website changes in HBASE-21685 that we can merge after
the process is competed.

There's still outstanding work to do before we have good guidelines on
accepting pull requests on GitHub, but the GitBox migration doesn't require
our committers to start working with PRs in a different way.

If there is no disagreement I'd kindly ask one of the PMC members to reach
out to INFRA to perform the migration.

Thanks,
Peter