What would the logistics look like for git as the source of truth?

Every release candidate I've ever done I've had to do the jira and git
reconciliation. There are always errors in both. Folks commit stuff with
the wrong JIRA ID or wrong message.

Would reconciliation for a RM then require revert and reapply of any such
changes?