On Sat, 2018-02-03 at 23:02 +0000, sebb wrote:
> On 3 February 2018 at 10:32, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>

> > Like, better tools tend to use markdown.
>
> But Maven is not a content generation tool;

Why are we using it as a content generation tool I am wondering?

> Preference for markdown and its tooling
> Content presentation.
> Site generation.
>
> Only the latter is really down to Maven and you have yet to explain
> what it is about the site generation that is so terrible.

Had you been taking any interest in actually contributing code or
project web site content you might have known.

Maven generates broken links, inconsistent line delimiters that Svn
chokes on, and cannot generate sites consisting of multiple versions of
the same artifact. I have spent years trying to get it to work (it is
not a figure of speech) and ended up writing a bunch of gradle scripts
that stitch together content from multiple maven project, post-process
the content to fix the links and line delimiters.

No, Sebastian, all is peachy and Maven site plugin is just fine as long
as you do not have to touch it.

Oleg