Owen,
I am not sure if I am catching you right, But now the repository for the
website has changed, we no longer use our main *hive.git* repository for
the website, We are using the* hive-site *repository for the website, The
migration happened this year January I suppose.

Can give a check to the set of commit here from: gmcdonald
<https://github.com/apache/hive-site/commits?author=gmcdonald> and Humbedooh
<https://github.com/apache/hive-site/commits?author=Humbedooh>
https://github.com/apache/hive-site/commits/main

Now whatever you push to main branch of hive-site(
https://github.com/apache/hive-site) it gets published on the *asf-site*
branch by the buildbot(https://github.com/apache/hive-site/commits/asf-site)

Simhadri's changes will be directed to the main branch of the hive-site
repo and they will get auto published on the asf-site branch, I tried this
a couple of months back and it indeed worked that way. Let me know if we
are missing anything on this, I tried to find threads around this but not
sure if it is in private@ or so, couldn't find, I will try again and if
there is something around that what needs to be done, I will have a word
with the Infra folks and get that sorted, if it isn't already.

-Ayush