> The different major versions of HTrace are indeed source code compatible.

Maybe the issue was going from 2 to 3. At the time it was a real problem,
change or removal of a span id constant, and another time something to do
with setting parent-child span relationships, IIRC. If this is better
between 3 and 4 then the point no longer applies.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands