On Saturday 01 September 2001 14:56, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

I have a few problems with this.  1)  We have consistantly declined to
accept the mod_Gzip from remote communications.  2)  I keep hearing that
zlib has more memory leaks than a sieve.  3)  I don't believe that we
should be adding every possible module to the core distribution.  I
personally think we should leave the core as minimal as possible, and
only add more modules if they implement a part of the HTTP spec.

Before this goes into the main tree, I think we need to seriously think
about those topics.

I would be MUCH happier if this was a sub-project, or just a module
that Ian distributed on his own.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Covalent Technologies                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]