Taking a step back from gz for a moment, and speaking in general:

On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Ian Holsman wrote:

> 3rd party modules are invisible to most people,

I'll agree with that statement... we can tell ourselves that it's okay to
push off modules onto third-party distribution, but the fact is that if it
doesn't come as a standard module, people are much less likely to go get
it unless they have absolutely no other choice because they either are too
lazy, don't know it exists, or fear its stability/security because it's
third-party.

Perhaps modules distributed through official httpd subprojects are more
visible/more trusted, but we don't really know one way or the other on
that front yet.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]