> Marc,
>
> Rather than continue this thread let's see if we can put this subject
> into the end zone.
>
> >> Think then act, not the other way around.
>
> Then vote on it. Either +1 or -1 on including mod_gzip into the Apache
> distribution.
>
> Simple.

It isn't as simple as that.  You can't just call out a vote to push
this through.  Lets let this issue settle down first and focus on
2.0 getting good enough for beta.  In the mean time mod_gz and mod_gzip
(if code is posted) can be reviewed.  If there is a maintainer within
the ASF, there can be a vote if needed.  Otherwise, we don't need a
vote, since if the ASF isn't going to maintain it, it isn't going in *.
This is what Marc was trying to say aswell I think.  I don't think
the majority of the httpd developers are going to +1 putting mod_gzip
in.  Remember that they are the ones having to maintain it and ensure
its quality, not you (unless ofcourse you join the development team).

Right now it seems like some people are getting worked up and that is
not a good environment to make decisions in.  Personally I don't even
think it is time for this decision.

Sander

*) At least that is how I understand it and would find it logical to
   be.

> Peter.
>
> PS. (If I remember rightly I think you already voted +1 on the license
> for mod_gzip so this should be an easy decision)

Things are getting twisted...