Sander Striker wrote:

> What is the current status on 2.0.36-dev?
> Are we still core dumping on daedalus?  How
> close are we to finding/fixing the problem
> we are seeing there?
>
> Greg (Ames), can you holler when you've
> seen daedalus run for 3 days without dumping
> core? ;)

(sorry for the delay...just catching up on e-mail after an outage last week)

daedalus has had only 2 core dumps in about 10 days.  One was a mmap cleanup
issue which Cliff has a promising looking fix for in 2.0.36.

The other is a sendfile assert that we've seen intermittently for a long time.
Jeff thinks the FreeBSD kernel is giving us a return value of 0 with no bytes
sent.  I think we might be passing a length or an offset that's too big, perhaps
when the site is updated after we stat() the file.  I plan to write traps to
test both theories.

So I don't know of any reason why 2.0.36 won't be stable.

Greg