hi,

> 2d). CRT seemed to come as a replacement for design discussions. It's
> very easy to observe from the traffic numbers:

Please excuse the total ignorance of passive Apache-Dev readers, but
these abbreviations were new to me. I've found then im the Apache
Glossary, though, and provide them to all who didn't know them ei-
ther:

  http://incubator.apache.org/learn/glossary.html#CommitThenReview
  http://incubator.apache.org/learn/glossary.html#ReviewThenCommit

Not trying to start a flamewar, but could the Jakarta Project have
had an influence on the decline? Hal Flynn's [1] points out quite well
that for most server-sided applications Java (and it's clone .NET)
provide a viable platform for secure applications with negligible
impact on performance. And with all the fuss around J2EE (JBoss vs.
Geronimo) a new feature in Apache might not catch as much attention
in the community anymore. OpenSource is a development model which
bases on peer-based ego-gratification and if the incentives to work
on Apache aren't that high anymore, the Apache httpd server might not
be able to attract as many developers anymore. Or to put it in other
words: It's not anymore "cool" to work on Apache.

uuhmm .. <asbestos> or not? No intention to provoke, seriously. We're
all grownup people and our kids are going to read these mailinglists
in CS-history classes, so behave, please ;)

[1] http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/33859.html

-daniel