Peter J. Cranstone a écrit :

It's not anymore "cool" to work on Apache.

You nailed it - because no one knows where it's going. Where's the focus,
what does Apache really want to be, whose leading the charge?

I've been following this forum a long, long time and the change in the last
2 years has been the most dramatic - the old guard has gone, there is little
leadership and even less reason to do anything.

It takes a tremendous amount of work to build a quality software project and
sadly there is little enthusiasm to really improve Apache.

One reason is obvious - with 66% of the market you're a monopoly (close) and
we've all seen what happens when competition disappears from the market
place.

I'm not sure http-dev is the place to flam ASF and its commiters.

If you want to improve something, you should provide solutions,
not critics.

HTTPD have 66% of the market and that's great to see that
an OpenSource solution is well behind M$.

Sun, Oracle and majors corps have stopped dreaming having 50% of market
share some years ago.

At least we could say, Apache Software Foundation does it and
maintain its leading position.

How ?

- By producing solutions like HTTPD which are stable,
  full featured and works on so many platforms.

Revolution is for new players, carefully crafted evolutions are for the mass.